It is impossible to deny the popularity and power of Facebook. We are instantly in touch with people and businesses from all over the world and new content can be shared and accessed in seconds. Below is a quick snapshot of Facebook statistics demonstrating the incredible reach and influence of the social media network:
|Total number of active Facebook users||900 million|
|Total number of minutes spent on Facebook each month||700 billion|
|Average number of friends per facebook user||130|
|Average number of pages, groups, and events a user is connected to||80|
|Average number of photos uploaded per day||250|
|Every 20 Minutes on Facebook|
|Links shared||1 million|
|Friends requested||2 million|
|Messages sent||3 million|
But you already have a Facebook page, so why create another one for your photography business? There are many reasons why creating a separate business page is beneficial:
- Many times, clients or potential clients feel like it is too personal to “friend” you on Facebook, but they would be much more inclined to “like” your business Facebook page instead.
- It is important that you are not combining your personal life with your business. Posting photos from a weekend party may be suitable for your friends to see, but not so much for a potential client or employer.
- You seem much more professional. It is easy to make a Facebook page for your photography business. To some, it may seem lazy or show a lack of commitment to your business if you are not utilizing Facebook to build your brand.
- The personal friends limit on Facebook is 5,000. With a Facebook Page for your business, that limited is lifted and the sky is the limit.
- If your business or photography studio has a separate business name, this second Facebook page will boost your SEO and make your business more searchable.
Setting up a Facebook Page for your photography business is easy. And once you do it, Facebook even offers tips on how to build your audience and boost your posts for optimal visibility. Once your page is set up, be sure to check out our post on growing your photography business through social media!