We all love Instagram, right? Not only is Instagram a fun way to explore mobile photography, but it can also be a great marketing tool for your photography business. We’ve already discussed the benefits and ways to better market yourself on Facebook and Twitter, now let’s see how to make the most of our favorite mobile photography app. Here are our tips!
Your Business Name: Use the name of your photography business as your account name. This way potential clients, fans, and search engines can easily find you.
- Complete Your Profile: Make sure you have a recent profile photo and that all of the information in your profile is complete and up to date.
- Connect to Facebook & Twitter: You can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook page and Twitter account. When you post an image on your Instagram account, it will post to your Facebook and Twitter pages as well.
- Use Hashtags: Use hashtags in your posts to connect with relevant conversations and content.
- Engage with your Followers: Share, like, and comment on other people’s photos. Tag followers in your posts. And be sure to respond to other people’s comments on your photographs.
- Show Your Style: As a photographer, you have a leg up on the general public. Most likely, your followers are already expecting great images from you, so don’t let them down. Be creative and use Instagram as a way to promote your specialty and style.
- Post Exclusive Content: Use Instagram to show behind the scenes shots on photo shoots, you traveling between jobs, etc. Get personal and show your followers exclusive content that they won’t find in your portfolio.
- Ask Questions: Another way to engage your followers is to ask them questions and start a dialogue.
- Photo Captions: An oldie but a goodie. Post a photo and ask your followers to write a caption. It’s fun and engaging!
- Contests: Photo contests are a great way to get your followers engaged and to quickly spread the word about your business.
- Make Videos: Instagram now has a short video-making feature. Your followers will appreciate the variety in content.
- Be Consistent: Post photos and videos consistently. Make your followers look forward to reading/seeing your content.
- Trends: Stay on top of social media trends. This includes new technology, and trending hashtags and topics.
- Best Time to Post: This will take some time, but it’s important to know when your followers are most active on Instagram. Keep an eye on what time of day and what day of the week you get the most interactions and be sure to post during these times.
- Have fun!
For more great marketing tips on Instagram, check out this article.